Leilani Jones’ professional philosophy includes working as a team with her clients, and aggressively advocating for their interests.
Personal investment is her priority, whether it’s defending employers against single-plaintiff suits or wage-and-hour matters or handling complex commercial litigation for a business. She focuses on all aspects of employment defense, but also has extensive experience with consumer class actions regarding unfair competition, false advertising, and the Consumer Legal Remedies Act (“CLRA”).
Lani is a utility player for her clients, with a wide range of experience in employment, business, and insurance litigation in both trial and federal courts, making her an asset to the companies she defends. Lani knows the importance of being fully equipped to assist with any issue—from trade secrets and business torts to labor and employment advisement, to insurance bad faith. As a result, she’s had the opportunity to represent a variety of clients in fintech, healthcare, manufacturing, staffing, construction and homebuilding.
A graduate of the University of San Diego Law School, Lani dedicated hundreds of hours as a student associate at USD’s Entrepreneurship and Veterans Legal Clinics. She also worked as a research assistant on employment law matters, as well as a teaching assistant for Property Law.
Lani received a full academic scholarship to Brigham Young University and remains a die-hard Cougar fan.
Outside of the office, Lani is active in her church community, and when it’s not college football season, you can find Lani competing in some sort of athletic race or event, or else spending weekends at the beach with her husband and son.
- Achieved full defense award in an age-discrimination arbitration.
- Represented an employer in a five-day jury trial brought by a former employee for wrongful termination and discrimination.
- Defended a statewide wage-and-hour class action case against an employer by employees alleging violations of meal and rest periods, payment of wages at separation, and itemized wage statements.
- Achieved full dismissal of a pregnancy and gender discrimination case for a hotel/resort employer.
- Successfully mediated numerous gender and race discrimination, disability discrimination, and harassment suits brought against employers by former employees.
- Managed all California single-plaintiff litigation for a large institutional healthcare employer.
- Defended and prosecuted trade secrets matters for various employers.
- Represented a manufacturer in a Lanham Act violation, achieving a full dismissal and successful opposition of post-judgment motions.
- Represented a builder in multiple coverage disputes arising from underlying construction defect matters.