Brian Marsh is the Information Technology Director at Payne & Fears and has been with the firm since 2005.
During that time, he has provided hands-on support and vendor oversight for all technology-related matters during the continued growth of the firm. He plays a key role in keeping the firm forward-leaning in the use of technology for the practice of law.
While all daily technical support operations continue to fill his plate, some of the more notable projects he has driven are:
- Migration of all business-critical services, applications, and data to the cloud.
- Development and support of the firm’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiative, which allows attorneys to complete their work “wherever and with whatever they choose.”
- Three-year project to establish a secure, fully cloud-based hosted network environment where all work can be accomplished from virtual computers accessible from virtually any mobile device or computer by firm personnel.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, provided support for all remote users ranging from troubleshooting equipment, helping resolve/improve home internet service and WiFi issues, network/computer security as well as providing suitable equipment to personnel who did not have it.
- Oversaw and provided support for the return to in-office operations by ensuring all firm-owned technology was fully operational and any issues were addressed prior to the official re-opening.
- Migrated hosted VoIP phone service to a different consolidated provider saving the firm more than $50,000 over a three-year period.
Prior to joining Payne & Fears, Brian worked for another law firm as the Network Engineer for their Orange County office. Prior to that, he was a partner in a computer and network technology service company catering to the home office/small office vertical serving clients throughout Orange and Los Angeles counties.
Outside of work, Brian (an Orange County native) enjoys spending time with his daughter and extended family/friends while enjoying many hobbies and pursuits, most of which do not involve computers.