Jason Bluver focuses his practice on all aspects of employment litigation, including wage-and-hour disputes, wrongful termination, retaliation, discrimination, sexual harassment, and whistleblower claims.
He has defended clients in single-plaintiff, class, and representative actions. He has successfully defended employers and management-level employees in both state and federal court at the pleading and summary judgment stages.
Representative matters include:
- Obtained complete summary judgment on behalf of non-profit job placement contractor in Los Angeles Superior Court action alleging age discrimination and wrongful failure to hire.
- Obtained dismissal without leave to amend, at the pleading stage, of defamation and intentional infliction of emotional distress claims made by former employee against two senior executive supervisors.
- Obtained complete summary judgment on behalf of national medical transportation corporation client in Eastern District of California action alleging disability discrimination and related claims.
- Obtained dismissal for waiver of costs on behalf of multi-national retail corporation client in Central District of California during the pendency of a 12(c) Motion for Judgment on the Pleadings.
- Obtained dismissal for four-figure net settlement to Plaintiff on behalf of multi-national sealing technology corporation client in Orange County Superior Court during pendency of summary judgment motion.
Jason also devotes his practice to traditional labor law matters. Jason defends employers in labor arbitrations related to discipline, discharges, and collective bargaining agreement disputes. He also handles unfair labor practice charges and representation cases before the National Labor Relations Board.
He also has experience defending companies in business litigation and civil rights matters including unfair competition, trade secret misappropriation, SEC regulatory actions, private securities litigation matters, and state and federal civil rights claims.
While attending the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, Jason excelled as a member of the Intercollegiate Trial Team, winning various top speaker awards. He also participated in negotiation and mediation competitions and was the Social Chair of the Hastings Trial Law Association. Before joining Payne & Fears, Jason worked for a prominent boutique business litigation firm in downtown Los Angeles.