This one-hour session, geared toward human resources professionals and in-house attorneys, will cover legal changes impacting California employers, including a discussion of new laws, enforcement trends, and "hot topics" in employment law, from the state's ban on salary inquiry history to pointers for employers concerned about harassment and discrimination.
- New laws for 2018, including California's salary ban and expansion of FEHA protection
- Enforcement trends for 2018 including protections for immigrant workers and expansion of CFRA rights
- Tips for creating safe, equitable and harassment-free workplaces
- Guidelines for balancing free speech outside of work with the desire for harmony within the workplace
- Payne & Fears LLP is an approved Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) provider in California. Participants who are members of the California State Bar will receive 1 hour of California MCLE credit for attending the webinar.
- Payne & Fears LLP offers SHRM Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPsm or SHRM-SCPsm. This program is valid for 1 hour of PDCs for the SHRM-CPsm or SHRM-SCPsm.
- HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) pre-approved this program for 1 hour (General) credit towards aPHR™, PHR®, PHRca®, SPHR®, GPHR®, PHRi™ and SPHRi™ recertification.